Saturday, September 05, 2009

Amazon's Kindle, Other E-Book Readers Priced Too High - Report


E-book readers like the Amazon Kindle and Sony Reader will have to cut their prices significantly to draw mass-market adoption, according to a new study by Forrester Research.
In a report Thursday, Forrester analysts noted that potential buyers of e-readers can choose from a variety of devices that offer more functionality for less money, such as smart phones and netbooks. Many are loath to spend $300 or more on an e-reader that is primary designed solely for reading books and magazines.

From the Wall Street Journal.

1 comment:

ainelivia said...

I feel so anti these reading gadgets I suprise myself. Ever since I began reading, it's the smell and the feel of a book that attracts. I can still recall the smell of Dell Comics! And then there's going to the library, the bookshop and all the joys that still holds for me.

Here's hoping that these things kindle off into the sunset somewhere, or go the same way as that C5 scooter thing....

But then I have been it seems always so, my parents long laughed at how I sat down to write my letters, dressed as Jo in LW, old curtain draped over hula-hoop tied to my waist with parcel cord; and the chicken that lost one of it's feathers to make me a quill, that was an inky disaster..