Sunday, September 27, 2009


NOVEL DESTINATIONS

Now here is a fun book for all booklovers and from what seems to be an unlikely publishing source- National Geographic.

I walked into the Village Bookshop at Matakana Village as I often do on a Friday afternoon and Tracey, the ever resourceful owner, had placed this book strategically in the centre of her main display so that I couldn’t possibly miss it! Well bait taken and I swooped on it and took it up to the counter to buy without even opening it.

The title – Novel Destinations, the sub-title – Literary Landmarks from Jane Austen’s Bath to Ernest Hemingway’s Key West.
I had no option, it simply had to come home with me.

Now it sits happily beside my bed and when I am too tired for serious late night reading I dip into it for an engaging and entertaining literary diversion to end the day.
I reckon it will be the late night dipping preference for some months. It s crammed with interesting stuff, trivial and otherwise.
Highly recommend this one.
Read more about the book on the National Georgraphic site.

No comments: