Wednesday, October 07, 2009

From Publishing Perspectives:

Freedom Isn't Easy: Writing in Prison vs. The Free World
By Wahida Clark

My new book Thug Lovin' was the first book I wrote in the free world. Prior to that I wrote six others while I was serving a ten and half year federal prison sentence for money laundering, mail and wire fraud. Was it a difficult transition to write while enjoying freedom? Of course. Was it stressful? Absolutely.Prison is very monotonous; you do the same things at the same time, day in and day out.My morning routine? I would start my day at 5am. I would write from 6-7am. This was the time during the day where the noise was at its minimum. (read on ...)

Bonus Material: Martha Stewart as a Prison Publishing Guru
By Edward Nawotka
In the United States, Martha Stewart was once the regarded as a lifestyle diva, a doyenne of good taste. But her reputation was besmirched when in 2004 she served a five-month prison term while her appeal was still pending on charges of conspiracy to commit securities fraud and making false statements to federal investigators. In October 2004, she reported to Alderson Federal Prison Camp in West Virginia, where Wahida Clark, author of Thug Lovin' (who contributes our main story today) was also serving her sentence. (read on ...)

No comments: