Monday, April 18, 2011

Leading NZ Food Writer, Lauraine Jacobs has exciting news

Above - Lauraine Jacobs, center, with Kelly Young and Brett McGregor

From Lauraine:
This week my first food column appears in the NZ Listener. I am really excited about the chance to tell New Zealand food stories, share my recipes and showcase superb produce and artisan producers every week. I will be trying to fill the shoes of two of my food heroes and friends who have previously written for the Listener; Martin Bosley, one of the best chefs we have cooking in NZ restaurants, and the revered Lois Daish who wrote with such empathy for food there for so long. Look for this week’s issue where I have shared my delicious roast lamb with preserved lemon and thyme cooked over potatoes. It’s a superb recipe and perfect for Easter feasting.

Don’t miss the chance to see the witty, erudite AA Gill at the Auckland Writers and Readers Festival 11-15 May. He’s in conversation with Al Brown on Friday 13 evening at the Aotea Centre and then joins a panel with Annabel Langbein, Sarah Kate Lynch and Al Brown that I am chairing over High Tea at The Langham on Saturday afternoon. The other star all foodlovers will want to meet is Madhur Jaffrey. The elegant actor and food writer is in conversation with Alexa Johnson on Friday morning at 11.30am and speaks at a wonderful Curry Lunch at the Langham on Sunday 15 May.

For Wellington friends I am working with the NZ Guild of Food Writers and the Asia Foundation to bring Madhur Jaffrey to speak at a dinner at the James Cook Hotel on Thursday 19 May, with a special Indian menu planned buy the Indian chefs in the hotel kitchen. Don’t miss this.

Don’t forget to visit my website for all the latest news on farmers markets, new restaurants, and food in season. What do Kate Middleton and those pears pictured have in common?

Cheers and Happy Easter,
Lauraine

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Ah, fantastic news--I have really missed Lauraine's presence in Cuisine.