Saturday, July 16, 2011

THE BOOKMAN VISITS TANGERINE DREAM CAFE AT CHELSEA PHYSIC GARDEN

The Chelsea Physic Garden is London's oldest botanic garden having been founded in 1673 - www.chelseaphysicgarden.co.uk

Some weeks ago I bought from the Village Bookshop at Matakana a copy of the gorgeous:

TANGERINE DREAM CAFE- A  YEAR IN CHELSEA PHYSIC GARDEN by Limpet Barron, David Hughes, Sarah Charles
Chelsea Physic Garden - NZ$40 -

and decided there and then that we must visit this place while in London. We did and enjoyed both a splendid lunch,including a glass of Pinot Grigio, and a happy hour strolling through the gardens which features over 4000 named plants. I warmly recommend a visit if you are in London. There is a small but interesting bookshop there too. I took loads of photos and four are featured below for your interest.




And here is a great review from The Independent last year of both the Cafe and Garden.

2 comments:

Claire G said...

I love the way you’re making a pilgrimage to eateries you’ve seen previously in cookbooks.

Vanda Symon said...

I'll dd it to my ever growing wish list of places to visit one day...