Sunday, July 17, 2011

LEON LIVES UP TO ITS NAME, AND SOME - THE BOOKMAN IS HUGELY IMPRESSED

Ever since I started cooking from this wonderful book back in 2008 I have desperately wanted to visit the London restaurants of the same name. Well today, on the last whole day of our London visit, my dream came true, We had lunch at the branch in Regent Street and I have to report that this is the best fast-food I have ever eaten. I had the Magic Mackerel Salad while Annie had the Grilled Chicken Salad. We deemed both superb.
What a wonderful concept, fast food BUT healthy fast food.
At home I regularly make salads using recipes from LEON particularly their happy carrot salad which has become a firm family favourite. I see now that they have a second book out, called simply LEON 2, so when I get home I will track it down and review it here on the blog.

Do check out their impressive website and if you are in London treat yourself to some happy health fast-food.




Above pic the ceiling at the Regent Street Branch, lower - The Bookman about to tuck in to his delicious salad in its brown cardboard container.

1 comment:

Keri H said...

Ottolenghi AND Leon?
O envy envy envy!
Will never get there but can still drool at the prospect-
best, Bookman!