Wednesday, August 17, 2011

THE BOOKMAN IS HOME - 5 WEEKS OF MAIL TO CATCH UP ON !!

Three large NZ Post canvas bags of mail awaited me on my return from our 5 week jaunt and once I got it out of the bags this is what it looked like spread across the kitchen table - 59 books for review, 163 items of mail in envelopes, and 27 magazines and newsletters. Don't expect to see me along the Ponsonby Road strip before next week!

I'm off to Christchurch this weekend for the presentation of the Ngaio Marsh Award for best NZ crime fiction title published in 2010. I had the privilege of being one of the judges. As part of the build up to the announcement on Sunday I have the honour of chairing a panel discussion with two of the US's leading crime fiction writers - Tess Gerritsen and John Hart. The award presentation and surrounding events are part of the Christchurch Arts Festival - details here.

1 comment:

maggie@at-the-bay.com said...

Welcome home Bookman.