Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Jill Rawnsley bids farewell

I am writing to say thank you and good bye since my last day at the Festival is today, Wed 24 August.

No festival worker can do what they do without the valuable input, advice and help of screeds of talented people, and since there were just too many individuals to try to thank personally, I hope you’ll forgive my “round robin” way of offering my gratitude and appreciation for your support of me and the festival.

I’ve relished my decade here, but some unforeseen personal circumstances see me relinquishing a job I have loved. I’m going to take a bit of a break before working out what I’ll do next, and I am definitely looking forward to having a summer for the first time in a while! I will maintain a keen interest in the festival’s health and welfare, not to mention the local and international literary community, and hope to cross paths with you again one day..… 

The Bookman responds:
Jill  those many of us in the wider bookworld are all going to miss you with your huge experience and knowledge of Festivals, your boundless energy, and your coolness and courteousness in times when things weren't going quite to plan. You have been an enormous influence in making the Auckland Writers & Readers Festival an important international literary event and in seeing it so well established that its future is assured.
All the very best for whatever you decide to do next and for the restful summer that awaits you.

No comments: