Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Three Criteria for a Killer Book Title

My brain refuses to rest with a good title. It scrambles about until it finds the best one. That perfect fit. And searching for the best is not easy. Often times, for me, it either comes or it doesn't.

When it comes, what a glorious feeling. But when it doesn't? No fun at all. My brain turns into a stubborn donkey. The harder I push, the more it refuses to budge.

Which is exactly what happened these past couple weeks as my editor and I discussed potential titles for my debut novel. My brain refused to cooperate. Sure, I came up with a few suggestions. And some of those suggestions were okay. But none were great. None really resonated. None fit my idea of a strong title.

Which for me, involves three criteria:

Read what author Katie Ganshert has to say on this often difficult task.

No comments: