Friday, May 25, 2012

Original London Underground posters offered for sale at Christie's South Kensington in October


Art Daily Newsletter

All lots to be offered at Christie’s are duplicate copies from the Collection. Photo: Christie's Images Ltd 2012.

SOUTH KENSINGTON.- Christie’s announced an unrivalled and never-to-be-repeated opportunity to acquire iconic London Underground posters direct from the archives of London Transport Museum (LTM). The auction, featuring over 300 original advertising posters dating from 1913 to 1955, will be held at Christie’s South Kensington saleroom on 4th October 2012. Fifty highlights from the Collection will be on public preview at Christie’s saleroom on 8 King Street, St. James’ during the Olympic period, from Monday, 16 July to Friday, 24 August 2012. Estimates for individual lots range from £800 to £15,000, with the Collection as a whole expected to realise in excess of £500,000. All lots to be offered at Christie’s are duplicate copies from the Collection, and all monies raised from the auction will be held in trust by LTM for dedicated use in connection with future acquisition, conservation and restoration. S ... More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any suggestions for inexperienced blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.
Visit my site :: english tv in spain