Stephen King will release a new novel with the pulp fiction publisher, Hard Case Crime. Publication is set for June 2013, and there will be no eBook edition initially.
King explained in a statement: “I love crime, I love mysteries, and I love ghosts. That combo made Hard Case Crime the perfect venue for this book, which is one of my favorites. I also loved the paperbacks I grew up with as a kid, and for that reason, we’re going to hold off on e-publishing this one for the time being. Joyland will be coming out in paperback, and folks who want to read it will have to buy the actual book.”
The mystery will include a cover art from James Bond poster artist Robert McGinnis and Hard Case Crime cover artist Glen Orbik.
Here’s more about the book, from the release: “Set in a small-town North Carolina amusement park in 1973, JOYLAND tells the story of the summer in which college student Devin Jones comes to work as a carny and confronts the legacy of a vicious murder, the fate of a dying child, and the ways both will change his life forever.” (Picture via)